#1. I have been craving homemade chicken pot pie for the past few weeks. It may be because my sweet mom made me a pastry cloth with a circle stitched in the middle to help you make the perfect pie crust...which she has down to a T. I am still learning, but getting fairly good. I won't tell you that the key ingredient is Lard. Yum. I am definitely going to be making one soon--look for that post in weeks to come!

I found the above picture on a random blog where I also read this. HILARIOUS.
#2. I spent the afternoon at my good friend Goldilocks' house and we made juice with her new amazing juicer. Right as I headed out the door to come over, it started hailing. Then the sky looked like this...kind of epic!

We went to a really cool Kosher market and bought cheap, yummy fruit. I'll let you make your own assumptions about the pear in the middle.

This was our first of several exciting combinations. Apples. Pears. Strawberries. Lemon.

We put it in this...I was kind of scared.

And look what we created! It was SO good.

ALL this to tell you (those who have made it this far into my post without falling asleep or switching to facebook...that while we were enjoying our juice Goldi lit this amazing wood wick candle that sounds like a mini fireplace!!! I've never seen one before...it was SO cool. I really want one. Specifically the almond orange woodwick candle which is my #2 today.
#3. Suffice it to say that I. Die. for this Jimmy Choo.

So that pretty much sums it up. I'd love to eat chicken pot pie by the light of my wood burning candle wearing the most amazing rainbow shoes EVER. Who remembers my rainbow patent leather kicks I wore in middle school? Some things never change!
PS--shoutout to eLF for her Murdo post. Bless her, I don't even know if she knows why I love that name so much!
Hey Lexi! I wanted to come over and say thank you for the incredibly sweet comment you left on my blog. I was so touched by what you wrote and I appreciate your heartfelt words and your prayers. I will be praying for you as well, that God would give you the desires of your heart! Thanks so much, new friend. :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. Chicken pot pie = yummy!!!
ReplyDeleteI looked back at that photo just now and once again asked myself What in Sam Hell was I thinking??
ReplyDelete