Pages

18 January 2010

4. 2KX: The Year of Tears

I haven't cried in 2010. Yet.

I'm not a huge crier, but I think I cry the healthy amount. You know, a tear here or there for a Sylvan Learning Center commercial (those kids just needed some help!) and saving the real deal cries for those rare heartbreaking moments.

If anything, 2009 was my year of tears. We got our beloved dog, Higgins, when I was in 6th grade and in Spring 2009 I said the hardest goodbye I've ever had to do. I was going to blog about it at some point, but (not to sound over dramatic) I'm just not ready yet. Needless to say, lots of tears were shed in 2009.



I'm not worried about 2010. I know I'll shed some tears, but I think 2010 is going to be amazing. I think it's going to bring big changes, and change can always be hard, but it is often just what we need to propel us to a higher level.

I tried to think of a way I could change the supplied blog title by changing "tears" to something different that rhymed. BUT I don't want this year to be the year of fears, leers, or beers. Maybe the year of ears? Ears to hear what God is saying, where he is leading, ears to hear what others around me are really saying and needing? Too cheesy? Never!

Year of Ears, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment