Suffice it to say we had a bountiful, joyful and blessed Christmas. AND we got a white Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! By far the best part was when my precious nearly 3 year old niece performed/told us the Christmas story with the aid of our family's nativity set. Her father had taught her well, she even knew how to correctly pronounce frankincense! Plus, in the fashion of a child used to being taught new words by repetition, she told each bit like this:
Zoey: Then Mary and Joffuff (her pronunciation!) went to the inn. Say with me, Mary and Joffuff.
The entire family: "Mary and Joffuff"
Not only was it hilarious to hear us all repeating all the words with her, but it moved me beyond words to see her so excited and proud to tell us the story of Jesus' birth. I am certain that it moved God's heart as well!
I always wondered how to spell "Joffuff"! We are so glad you were home for Christmas! Can you send me some of the pics you took or do I need to get them from Mom and Dad?
ReplyDelete