Last night I was overwhelmed. By prospects of change. By decisions on hold. By deadlines approaching. By the heights I see looming ahead. I decided what I needed was a nice bath, with candles and everything a la Chandler Bing somewhere in Season 8. I asked my sweet roommate if she had a book I could read and she handed me peace. Well she actually handed me "Hind's Feet on High Places", but she might as well have handed me peace, hope, and a huge arrow pointing to Jesus (how annoying would it be if when people asked us for help we just handed them a huge arrow with the word JESUS on it? Yet it wouldn't surprise me to find one at a cheesy bookstore somewhere in TX). I cannot tell you how much this books spoke to me. The title comes from a verse in Psalm 18 that had jumped out at me early in January, and sort of became my verse motto for 2010, so it was so fitting that this little book (I already finished it) fit so well into my heart at this moment. It's a simple, but beautifully crafted allegory about a girl named Much Afraid and her journey to the High Places with the Shepard. I am begging you each to read this book. Of course the book itself is not a magical solution, but it's all about the real solution to any and every problem: Jesus! I pray that it will speak to you of the Lord's compassion, His wisdom and provision, His deep, unending, limitless and epic love for his children the way it spoke to me. I came home last night a broken, trembling, fearful wretch and by the grace of God I woke up this morning calmly peaceful, brimming with hope, sure of His love and His sovereignty in my life. Oh the deep, deep love of Jesus!
Psalm 18:31-33
"For who is God, but the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God?--the God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless. He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights."
No comments:
Post a Comment