Pages

15 July 2009

Today's Blue Plate Special

Today's Blue Plate Special:

I am excited today/this week/in general about new albums coming out soon from A Fine Frenzy and Imogen Heap. YAY for great music and female singer/songwriters!

Also amazing: Any company that doesn't come up with an original logo that has anything to do with their actual product or service, and instead uses some form of a smiley face. Way to go, lures me right in.

Harry Potter: I'm jumping on the sin wagon and seeing the latest Harry Potter flick tonight! I love love love the series and although I haven't been obsessed with any of the movies, I do love to see them opening day and bask in delight of seeing grown muggles dressed up in red and yellow scarves and robes. (PS: if you don't get that I'm joking about the sin wagon bit, you and I should have a talk soon about my general ideas on how all great stories contain good vs. evil, the hypocrisy of loving the Narnia books or Lord of the Rings trilogy and yet claiming Harry Potter is a bad influence, or about how just because a book is marketed for children doesn't mean you have to let your 2nd grader read it and then blame witchcraft for his nightmares...I digress)

My Parents: have you met them? They are amazing. So is their boat, and I love when they come and visit and we sail the tumultuous seas together. I'm on a boat! (snl.com--check it)

2 comments:

  1. SINNNNNNNNNNNNER!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know--I should repent by breaking my broomstick in half and laying it at Gandalf's feet...

    ReplyDelete