Pages

12 May 2009

Mutants Not Welcome Here

Today I went to the doctor and apparently I have torn a muscle in my leg doing this --well I was inside and I didn't look that cool, but nonetheless it really hurts! Sadly his remedy is not working out for A MONTH which means I'll probably end up looking like this. To make matters worse, or in other words to justify my self pity even more, he told me that I shouldn't go rock climbing at all due to my two mutant genetic blood conditions. (mutant condition X) (mutant condition Y) Up until now, I wasn't too worried about being a mutant for several obvious reasons:
1. I like X-Men and am currently awaiting confirmation that I have a superpower of some sort (I am hoping for unicorn vision or something involving elf ears)
2. It is cool to get up and roam the airplane with all the elderly people who are also avoiding mile high blood clots. We usually discuss our mutual love of knitting, V8, and living with more than 5 cats
3. My sister has hogged the medical drama in our family for too long--step aside Becky, for I too am a mutant (oh and by the way thanks for figuring out we had this and for dealing with a leg 10 sizes too big whilst 9 months pregnant...guess I owe you one)
4. My hematologist (that's right, I am 26 and have a hematologist, AND a podiatrist...not sexy?) said it really wouldn't affect my life and that since I am healthy and active I didn't need to change my lifestyle (except for popping a baby aspirin every once and a while). While apparently, she forgot to mention rock climbing. Not that I'm that much of a climber, but it was one of only a few lines I know to throw out at parties to increase my "serious and mysterious" factor since we all know the boys like rock climbing girls (Seriously guys, is it the spandex? Or the danger (sorry, not too dangerous when you're attached to a HARNESS and there is a BOUNCY FLOOR waiting to catch you below). Either way, guess I'll just have to save my mystery for these guys. Mutants Unite!

2 comments:

  1. I have mutant blood disorders too. WE can be mutants together! YAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking up at the 'what you will look like' and cats pics :) Sorry about the rock climbing and work out bans - and the whole mutant thing in general, but you can blame mom and dad for that one!

    ReplyDelete