Pages

03 March 2009

Ailing Adventures

So I inconveniently got sick on Saturday, much to my dismay as I had visions of posts filled with wit and splendor relating to this new blog. Instead I bought the second season of Arrested Development and lost myself in the world of the Bluths for several days. One consolation to my recent sickness was that I got to do one of my secret favorite things that I save for times of ailment: using the symptom checker on WebMD. That's right, I am that person. The reasons that I love doing this are threefold. 1. You never know what crazy illness you're going to get when you work with kids 2. You get to fill in online check boxes and do a sort of choose your adventure game which never gets old to me and 3. i ALWAYS end up with an notice that says "Seek emergency care immediately". Seriously. It doesn't matter what is wrong with me, and I continue to get a kick out of it although at this point it has lost the fear factor that it once held. I know this could seem sort of messed up, but it isn't that I want to be ill or that I mock those who are, it's more that I find it ironic that this impersonal, medicinal website is actually more dramatic than I am. To be fair I do think that ever since I got pleurisy (that's right--I'm medieval!) I automatically have intense chest pain every time I have any sort of sickness which my Doctor claims is totally normal (for a week, a month, a year, who knows could be forever--his words. so reassuring!) The website, poor robot that it is (who am I kidding, I am totally jealous of it's robotic powers), cannot differentiate between a mild case of plague and heart failure. Either way, it's always a bright spot whenever I am under the weather.



Good news is I'm back, and not a moment too soon as Whitney sent me a picture of a pink albino dolphin that has recently been sighted in a US lake. What is next, pink unicorn sightings? One can only hope.

1 comment:

  1. I saw that picture a couple days ago...crazy!

    ReplyDelete